- Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L James: Shock horror! When did Fifty Shades get to the number 1 spot? It’s not like every woman in the world is reading it or anything. I haven’t read this novel, but it certainly doesn’t look particularly good. Still, if that’s what tickles your fancy then go ahead and read it. It is the bestseller of the moment.
- Fifty Shades Darker by E.L James: Bloody hell! Excuse me, E.L James, but how about you make some room for other books in the bestseller list? Yes, another book in the now hugely popular Fifty Shades trilogy sits at the second spot. I suppose E.L James should be proud of herself. She’s managed to get rich by writing badly written Twilight fan-fiction. On to number three.
- Fifty Shades Freed by E.L James: I’m getting tired of this. OK, so E.L James and her erotic novels have dominated the top three bestsellers… You win… This time! This time! *Manic Laughter* This time!
- Bared to You by Sylvia Day: I hadn’t heard of this until about ten seconds ago, but apparently it’s the fourth best selling book of the moment. Well done Sylvia Day! According to the Irish Independent the book is essentially a Fifty Shades of Grey rip off, but perhaps with better writing skill than E.L James. Although it’s not an easy feat to write better than E.L James so for all I know, Sylvia Day could be just as bad as the next one. Buy this book, if you dare, but beware also, because it is called Mummy Porn for a reason.
- Fifty Shades of Grey Boxed Set by E.L James: What has the world come to? And more importantly, what has the bestseller list come to?
- Me Before You by Jojo Moyes: Eureka! OK, yes, it’s clearly aimed towards women, but according to the Independent, this book is actually pretty good. I must say it sounds intriguing, and just from reading the review I want to read more. It’s nice to see that not all of the top ten at the moment are erotic fiction. There is still time for emotive tearjerkers. There is still a chance for the literary world!
- The Thread by Victoria Hislop: Another book in the top ten that sounds intriguing. And thank God it’s not erotic fiction. It seems to be getting very positive reviews at the moment too, which is an added bonus. The plot sounds very complex and quite dark too (that’s a good thing!) Check it out on Amazon.
- Gok Cooks Chinese by Gok Wan: Yes, you read correctly, that is Gok Wan, the famously flamboyant fashion stylist. Apparently, he can cook too. There seems to be mixed feeling about his new path on the internet. Feel free to check out his new cookbook and maybe make your own mind up. See it on Amazon here.
- Before I Go To Sleep by S.J Watson: Ooohh a thriller! And it’s by a man. And it looks quite good. It got a rather favourable review from the Guardian and has a four star average on Amazon. Check it out, if you dare.
- Mockingjay (Part III of the Hunger Games Trilogy) by Suzanne Collins: The Hunger Games is one of those things – you know what I mean – the ones that start off as books but become entire industries. You probably all know that the film adaptation of the first of this trilogy was wildly successful, and the books were too, meeting quite favourable reviews. They’re aimed at teenagers, but I certainly hope to read them at some point.
And so that concludes the top ten Amazon bestsellers of right now. I hope it’s been enlightening and eye opening for you!